InBody Testing 270
The InBody name carries the highest prestige in regards to accurate testing results– higher than BodPod or in some cases even hydrostatic testing, which is very difficult to find.
What Is The InBody 270?
Watch this video to learn more about our InBody Body Fat Testing System and check out our Frequently Asked Questions below!
- Our Member Price | $40 / Month
(Includes Unlimited Tests)
- Yearly Unlimited | $400
($8 / Test Weekly)
- Single Test Member | $25
- Single Test Non-Member | $45
What Info Does the Scan Give You?
Muscle/Fat Analysis – to determine healthy balances of muscle to fat in the body
Percent Body Fat – to track health along with fat loss (not just weight loss)
BMR – to provide nutrition counseling/education
Segmental Muscle – to determine muscular imbalances/injuries
Body Composition History – to easily track patient progress on a single sheet
How is Your Body Composition Measured?
The InBody 270 measures body water, muscle mass, and body fat by passing three frequencies of current through your body between five contact points. This allows an extremely accurate measurement of body fat comparable to DEXA scanning but at a fraction of the cost and in a fraction of the time. InBody reports 98% correlation with DEXA scanning and superior reproducibility.
Who Is This Good For?
- Anyone who is starting a new workout routine and wants to see that it is having the desired effect on the body it is supposed to have (new gym goers and experienced).
- Anyone who is changing what they eat or starting a new diet to make sure the body isn’t starving itself and using your muscle for a fuel source.
- Anyone who is interested in accurately monitoring how a fat loss strategy is working.
- Anyone that is injured or recovering from an injury wanting to see if their injured part is healing and has the strength capacity to support their body.
- Any athlete that has a competition and wants to make sure their body is fully hydrated for the intensity of a competition.
- Anyone that has a medical/health issue that needs to monitor their muscle & strength levels
- Anyone who starts taking a medication that may affect their muscle & fat distribution.
- Anyone that needs to know how many calories to eat each day (metabolic rate) based on their body’s composition (not a general formula).
- Anyone seeing a nutritionist or trainer to make a meal plan for them.
- Anyone interested in a snapshot of what their body is made of and how to make it function better.
How Do I Get Started?
Setting up an appointment just takes 5 – 10 minutes! Call the studio at 253-853-6200 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to have the most accurate measurements, these guidelines should be followed:
- It is optimal, though not required, that women be measured while not having their periods.
- Don’t eat 3 hours before
- Do not drink coffee for alcohol 24 hrs before
- Don’t exercise before the test
- If you have a pacemaker you CANNOT use the InBody scanner
- Don’t drink a bunch of water before the test
- Empty your bladder just before your test.
- Don’t wear anything metal (including wired bras)
- Wear shorts and a tank top or tight fitting t-shirt (no shoes or socks).
After the scan our fitness staff will help interpret your detailed InBody printout; giving you direction and input about your current fitness regime and eating habits.